Fixture Cards Members may obtain a fixture card by contacting the Field Secretary, Mrs. R. Crofton Held, at 540-586-1051.
Capping If you are interested in learning more about hunting with the Bedford County Hunt, we encourage you to come capping with us. The capping fee is $50 for guests, sustaining members, and associate members. Please contact the Field Secretary, Mrs. R. Crofton Held, at 540-586-1051.
Membership Membership in the Hunt is by invitation. Prospective members must be proposed to the Board of Managers by at least two voting members. Membership categories include:
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP is a single rider membership open to any person thirty years of age or older. Individual memberships are entitled to full hunting and social privileges and one full vote at Hunt meetings. The spouse of an Individual member is entitled to all of the privileges of social membership, including two hunts per year.
- YOUNG ADULT is a single rider membership open to any person from age 18 through 29. Young adult memberships are entitled to full hunting and social privileges and one full vote at hunt meetings.
- JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP (nonvoting) shall be by invitation of the Board of Managers and will be made available to those persons eighteen years of age and under, and to those of an older age who are full time students attending any institution of higher education. This invitation is for one year only and each subsequent year, those desiring to hunt as Junior members must be invited by the Board of Managers. Junior members may attend (without voice or vote) club meetings and social events. Parents of Junior members shall be entitled to non-riding and non-voting social privileges.
- SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIP is defined as open to individuals or couples interested in supporting the traditions of foxhunting with the Bedford County Hunt. The Board of Managers will have a sole discretion in determining eligibility for this category. A Sustaining member shall be entitled to hunt after paying a capping fee and will be invited to all social events that the club sponsors. A Sustaining member will not be eligible to vote at meetings but is entitled to hunt two times with capping fee.
- SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP shall be open to any person eighteen years of age or older or family (both spouses and full-time student children) who have an interest in the goals and activities of the Bedford County Hunt. A dues-paying Social membership allows a member to hunt a maximum of two times a year during the retention of this classification. A Social member (or family as a whole) is entitled to one-half vote at membership meetings.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP The Board of Managers shall have sole discretion in determining eligibility for this category. Any past member of the Bedford County Hunt or any current member of another recognized hunt would be eligible. Associate members shall be entitled to hunt after paying a cap at each meet, and shall not be eligible to vote at membership meetings.
- LONG DISTANCE MEMBERSHIP The Board of Managers shall have sole discretion in determining eligibility for this category. Any person living outside a 100 mile radius of the kennel would be eligible. Long distance members would have full hunting and voting privileges.
- EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND RIDING ACADEMY/STABLES The Board of Managers shall have sole discretion in determining eligibility for this category. Entities in this category may have a nonvoting membership at the invitation of the Board of Managers. Said membership would entitle individuals associated with the entity to full hunting and social privileges but would not entitle the individual to awards or colors unless the individual also has a personal membership.